Monday 25 February 2008

middle country has met its saviour


Ok after all the excessive bitching that I was doing on my (very sad) friendster blog, I have finally found a way to slither past the web authorities of the middle country/MC*. Yes yes I have once exhibited one of my plethora of hidden abilities/talents. I managed to find a proxy site which enables me to blog on blogspot. You must wonder why am I even doing a blog since I never once had an interest to such a past time. But I concluded that should anyone want to know how am i doing in MC, just visit the damn blog to save me from either wasting my saliva or typing on the keyboard unncessarily.

Anyway, the time zone is the same as Singapore's- GMT +8. Of late, the weather has been quite bearable (when the wind doesnt blow) but hardly pleasant when night falls. It's freezing cold and if I dont clad myself with 3 or 4 layers of clothing, I think might be a human popsicle. Also the food in MC is cheap, plentiful and delicious (alright, most of it). One thing about the people in MC that I find quite cool is their customer service attendants who attend to you when you apply for something like lets say internet. On my application form if I did not write down my chinese name and instead of asking me to fill this entry up, the woman would just fill it in herself. Something very contrasting to Singapore.


Anyway this is what I had for lunch, I had this Value meal at this place called "Real Kung Fu"- Zhen Gong Fu. This meal costs me 23 yen. Approximately S$4.60.

The price isnt something that makes you go WOW or anything but its a nice good enough meal. Supposedly a healthy meal (minus the cup of coke of course) since the food here are all steamed, not fried, so to make it more healthier for the diners; supposedly a novelty for this fastfood chain/ restaurant. I had no qualms with the taste, I thought it was nice.


I went to purchase my books for lessons tomorrow at around 1500Hrs. I think they gave me a bad class for chinese as I saw the textbooks and I have 3 books on listening comprehension and 2 books on general chinese stuff. Last friday, I took a class placement exam and went late. so I didnt do the listening comprehension part as the teacher said I could speak rather fluently and the listening comprehension would be a waste of time. So I just did the normal written exam and wrote a very short open ended paragraph which I spoke about how great the people in china are etcetera... So my guess is that the marker for my paper didnt know bout my situation and gave me a "0" for my listening compre. I certainly do not know whether this would appear to be a blessing in disguise since the better classes have to do compositions!!! Something that perhaps is the bane of every Singaporean Chinese. But I heard that if the teacher thinks your chinese is better than the class, you will be pushed to the better class. hmmm....


Okay I think I shall pen off now though I have alot of things to say but I have not organised my thoughts on how I should structure my post so will do a probably better one tomorrow or tonight. I shall leave you with something funny I saw at the supermarket a few days back.

No stupid. Its not dog meat. Don't we all wish it is.

*MC has been used since a certain government body prohibits its citizens to view english blog sites to spare them of reading entries by foreign bloggers bitching about their great land. And to provide at least a certain level of ambiguity for a certain country against me.

Since I am using a proxy site to enter blogspot. Did anyone say illegal?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! you FINALLY have a proper blog! and i've the honour of being the first to comment! :):):):) hurhur

Anonymous said...

LiKe oMgXxxxXX!~!! IM THE SECOND !11111!

Anonymous said...

LIKE WOAH. =D



keep sittin' near the fireplace!!

Psyfig said...

I cant stand your blog name la LOL

Anonymous said...

damn. i miss the cheap food!

-xiuxiu