Friday 29 February 2008

spring is here


Okay so this is the morning I woke up to. Normally its bursting with incandescent sunlight but today its so dark and gloomy. You can vaguely spot that the buildings in the background are sort of smothered by smoke. I cant really be firm whether its fog, a rise in the SPI index (very familiar to us Singaporeans) or a natural phenomenon of the weather since its the 2nd day of Spring and clouds might be wanting to form but hampered by the still undesirable temperature. I wanted to blog yesterday but I was to tired and fell asleep. So here is my entry on events that happened yesterday. Enjoy......




So this is what I had for lunch yesterday at 紫荆食堂 which cost like S$2 in total. I decided not to eat the egg since it tasted like mercury, it had this conspicuous metal taste. I was rather bewildered because how could anyone possibly go wrong with fried egg? But well the other dishes tasted fairly well and I proceeded to lessons after which.


Yesterday after class I went to the administrative office to change my class to level 3 class 02A. Well I think it would pose not much of a threat still by going to this higher level class since I think I should be attending a level 4 but I am quite adamant in not doing a whole lot of composition/作文 during my soujorn. Anyway I challenged/ asked my teacher regarding a question that she put to the class, she asked us to read a sentence from a para but only the second sentence and not the first. Somehow, I still dont know why I listened to her and read the second sentence only when you know ALL Singaporeans would be so kiasu and read the whole damn passage.

So the sentence goes as follows:
而且科学家们指出,单身生活方式造成威胁,甚至比控制全球人口所带来的挑战还要大。

and her question was :

对什么有挑战?


Don't you agree that the sentence above in no way played a part in anwering the question? Since it did not cover who/whom/what/where it affected. It just merely said singlehood poses a threat. a threat more threatening than controlling over population.

and her answer was : 世界

like seriously... eat my shit..

So me being me, questioned/ask the teacher in front of some students in the class how could one possibly derive an answer from the sentence. So she was telling her answer from her master analytical skills which totally sounded preposterous.

So I told her:
"这个句子根本没题过向什么东西有影响,只是说单身生活方式比全球人口曾长还要南控制"。


Which was correct right? After which while I was telling my friend what I told the teacher and she walked away. Like ok chillax woman, I did not intend to challenge your intellectual capability as a normal human but just wanted to clarify how could you get your answer from that sentence.

Or did I.....




So after changing my class, I had to change my textbooks too and the bookstore was at this place called 京裕宾馆. It had a row of korean food restaurants and 1 japanese restaurant. It was a small street that exuded a warm cosy feel when I entered. The food on the adverts looks good enough for me so I am quite sure I will be patronising there very soon one of these days. You must agree that it looks really good/cool. Anyway, you guys must be wondering whats with the dog. On our way there we saw these 2 aged ladies walking the 2 dogs and I was laughing because the white dog was so DIRTY that its white fur changed colour. I wanted to stand next to the dog with my white jacket to show how dirty it is but I was afraid the owner would kao pei me. Though, the picture doesnt illustrate well the degree of dirt on the canine but trust me it was quite a funny sight.




For dinner, yumi, chloe, yu chol (korean) and myself went to one of the canteens to have dinner. I love eating in school since the food is really budget ahha. But the thing that puts me off is either the taste or how cold the food gets. Unlike Singapore, they cook the food bulk so that they wont have to keep entering the kitchen to cook, they just cook the portion they wish to sell and display all of it at the window. So its quite disgusting to be eating cold egg. Upon exiting the canteen, there was this small tentage which provided a spectacle cleaning service for FREE as a publicity stint for their shop that was rather near 清华. The personnel said they use ultrasound technology to clean the glasses but all I could hear was them talking la. (ok bad joke) but they just put my specs into a small machine that had a pool of water (see picture above), for 5 minutes and I tell you, my vision through my specs had never been so clear! Its probably better than the first time I bought it AHAH!!




Now the 4 of us made our way to 五道口 again to walk around. This is where I purchased this S$0.80 fried chicken burger. It tasted quite nice and will sure buy it again. Then we proceeded to a korean supermarket where I did not buy anything since my sister stocked up a gargantuous amount of junkfood in my room which I probably wont finish till semester ends since eating alot of junkfood makes u sick. Also, I spotted a part of the convenience store that sold condoms. The brand was DONLESS condoms which I thought was quite funny since how can u not don a condom for it to be effective. It probably meant that if you were to wear it, you would not notice its presence. like very duh riteee..







Shortly, I had a craving for ice cream and were scouring the district for an ice cream parlour but landed ourself at this Italian restaurant where I had chicken mushroom soup and my first sip of 清道啤酒. I had never been a fervent fan of alcohol (and dont think I will ever be) but this beer tasted much better than most of those that I had tried before. Especially tiger beer! Oh there was this lady selling these 2 dogs on the streets which were really really adorable! I feel like bringing one home to Singapore in the future but I dont know how to get by doing the immigration pass. It cost 300yuan before bargaining. Emilia if only you were here man. I bet you would be screaming.



Oh and because I 打包 (ta paoed) food for my korean house mate on 2 occassions (you know how much I love feeding people right? my Orion Section 1 bunk mates or platoon mates would know), he gave me this oreo like packaging cream puff marshmallow thing which is filled with cream. like omg having too much junk food alrady! and I dont have my sports shoes here to play badminton or go to the gym.. speaking of badminton, jeannie chew, where are you...


Ok guys so thats all for now... I think I am going 天安门 tomorrow if the weather is good. Will post some pictures if I do so =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG SKANK THOSE ARE THE MOST HEAVENLY STUFF EVER!!! Chocopie is awesome.


omg i so need a korean. aka rain. =D

Anonymous said...

i assume that is a fake egg. good thing that you didnt consume :)

---dinceee aka xiuxiu