Thursday 28 February 2008

my patek philippe- geneve. oh i mean MC

Alright I started of the day with a small meet up of myself with some of the 公寓 commitee over at Level 2 of my block. I was supposed to represent the residents in 紫荆公寓 and speak about the problems or areas needed to be rectified. I spoke on the wrecked hot water pipes to some of the toilets (sinceI am probably its greatest victim as I nvr had hot water in my toilet since the first day I came here), how we should have clothes drying machines on every floor (as only level 4 and 7 has it), how I can explicitly hear people opening and closing their doors from my room and some other stuff. As many of you would know, I have an amazing ability to make others digress from a topic to something irrelavent to whatever conversation should encompass. So the commitee members and myself were talking about places to visit in Beijing such as tian an men square, great wall, summer palace and alot of other places of interest.
















So here we have photos of my classmates and I in our classroom. Don't mind the constipated face, I think I was going to laugh as Yumi (from japan) said she would help us take a picture when I took out my camera. But as you all know, I was taking a sneak video on the conversation between the japanese and koreans as I thought it was rather entertaining but Yumi foiled my plan! I think they are a cool group of people but I will be going to a different class next week so tomorrow will be the last time I see them. Today during chinese, we had 听力 and the teacher was being really annoying by repeating the tape over and over again when the students couldnt give the answer. I did not want to give the answers since I did not want to attract too much attention and seem like a arrorgant bitch. After all, I am not suppose to be in that class. Oh yes and 诸葛亮 was covered explaining why it was written on the white board. Very Siannnn.
















While for dinner Yumi Chloe and I went to Tafi, an italian restaurant near university which serves a 5 course meal for SGD10. So much so for being budget in china but I guess I just had to try it for once. Here we have my carbonara and Yumi's Takaro pasta which is seafood roe pasta. The food was ok, average in Singapore terms but thankfully it wasnt at the same culinary level as last night's dinner. Which by the way still gives me shivers. You guys certainly got to be wondering what am I trying to do on the picture to the right. Well, I just wanted to show you guys how miserable that slice of cake was. Though it tasted quite delightful, quantity clearly wasnt at play. But after all the bad food I have tasted in MC, I would give up on quantity and beg for quality. And yeah the fork was really thin which kinda of reminded me emilia's arm for some weird reason.





















Yes I just got my first imitation purchase in MC. Its a fake Patek Philippe and I am proud of it ( I am so dale, an LSU joke). It was quoted to me at 870yuan but chloe bargained to 200yuan for me. I dont know whether its expensive but $40 for a watch seems alright to me and i think its quite nice too. I bought this watch at a shopping centre called 秀水街 which is the left picture. Oh and geraldine, I did try to get you your LV Tivoli handbag there but my it did not match your description- did not use one piece of material and since this other MGS girl said that it's "so fake the material", i did not get it and the stupid sales lady was so insistent of selling it to me. So damn annoying man some of the sales personnel here.


















So on my way back from 秀水街 back to 清华大学, we managed to pass by 天安门 which was beautiful at night with all the lights on but as I was too far from it and with poor lighting, I could only capture some very mediocre shots so I leave you with these 2 pictures to visually ravage on. I shall pen off now and see if I shall do any more blogging as I came to realise that blogging can be quite tiring since blogspot is not very user friendly when uploading photos.


Oh and after many many request why the pictures of the girls are not on my blog I shall leave one for you guys. It's Miya (korea) and Chloe (australia).


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

could you please identify the cute korean males. it'd help

much thanks,
teaf.

Psyfig said...

tiff: Aiyoh he's in Beijing leh... Not Korea... ask for Korean males... tsk tsk
~BANYAK SUSAH LA KAMU~

Glenn can you like include Hanyu Pinyin with those chinese characters too?

Some Pseudo chinese wanna learn too leh!

TIAN AN MEN!~

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Anonymous said...

Yes... Likely... The easier, the better... All ingenious is simple.