Wednesday 27 February 2008

worst dinner experience ever

okay so as the title suggests, I officially had my worst dinner experience since I had stepped on soil of MC. But I will start my entry from this morning to finally the utter climax of this entry - the dinner.

Actually, morning class was pretty alright. Though it was elementary, I learnt some useful stuff which I had probably forgotten or overlooked in when I was studying in chinese before. Today the 老师 mainly covered 配词. Like what words would you match with stuff existential or
non-existential. Also, previously she taught us the difference between 发布,发宣 and 发行.

发布- Publish. Such as articles on newspaper.
发宣- Announce. Such as notifications.
发行- Deliver. Just deliver la.
















So after class my friends- chloe and naoto hori (a jap), proceeded to have our lunch at one of the canteens. Well above is what I had for lunch, beef fried rice. Evidently, cooking oil in MC has to be free since it was really oily and salty to add. Apparently, chloe's dumpling was very appetising but I didnt try it. So anyway the only reason that made lunch very satisfying for me was the price, I paid 4Yuan for my meal: 2.50Yuan for my rice and 1.50 for my drink. Hence, the meal cost me a gratifying 80cents. Yes readers, scream in astonishment.





So after which I crashed the 401A class which was also doing something like 报章报道 but the damn teacher was talking about the different publications that MC had. From tabloids to magazines to sports which was not related to the damn lesson. I wanted to know what was the syllabus like and what kind of homework I would get or have to do. And here we have that very teacher in the picture above and all his crap written on the board. Yes SHRIEK.





















Okay so at 1830hrs, chloe, miya (a korean exchange student who majors in chinese culture) and myself made our way to this porridge place where my sister said sells very good porridge. However a very sad decision was made, we walked past this chinese restaurant and somehow a unanimous decision was made to have our meal here. It kind of had this old age charm that probably attacted us. This decision was the beginning of the end as only tragedy ensued from here on. So this is what happened. Very sadly, they screwed up my chicken cutlet rice set order and gave me some meat rice dish that I painfully consumed. I would like to believe that its dog meat so I can tell people that I have eaten dog in china but I dont think it is. So I did not realise that this was not the dish I had ordered and that the waitress asked me to pay for the dish which she had wrongly given me. I didnt argue since it would be quite sad if they had to fork out their money to pay for this as you know these people are very fortunate as us. Then after, I had to wait a good 15mins for my right order to be placed on my table. Obviously that skank lied since she said that my order was on its way. My evaluation was that the chicken cutlet didnt have any meat taste (which I thought was rather skillful since you can eliminate it's orginal taste) and it tasted only of batter/flour. Amazing culinary skill you must agree.



Anyway, I this is what I shall pen off today. I am supposed to go recite 游子吟 which is a
唐诗 tomorrow during chinese class. Thankfully, we learnt this in primary school so its just refresher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mel says:
I NEVER did that poem in primary school!?!?!
think i would die there