Monday 10 March 2008

潘家园旧物市场

So I decided to blog what I did on Saturday; I am boiling water so I can bathe, so pathetic.

Anyway for lunch yesterday I had another buffet at "tafi" which is an Italian restaurant for 32yuan (approx SGD$6). The spread wasn't fantastic but it had a healthier spread than other buffets. It had pasta, garlic bread, soup, salad, pizza and etc... As many of my friends know, I am a great sucker for soups so I drank 4 bowls of soup, pumpkin soup. I would like to drink more but was afraid that I would need to use the bathroom and u know how are the public bathrooms in MC are like...


So this is 潘家园旧物市场, where stall owners sell alot of local products that are indigenous to their culture/history. The products range from jade, wood carvings, embroidery, buddhist deity scultures, and even wooden mahjong tiles which i was tempted to buy since it cost SGD$30 before discount =) I might get one before gg back to SG. Weipin so needs it.. hor pinhead....










So after spending 1.5hrs at the street market, I bought a stamp chop engraved with my chinese name. There are some store owners who were being like sluts, they tried to it to me at SGD$40 , like come on .... you are MC u know.. where are the cheap goods you market place. So anyway I went to this other store that sold me the jade piece for 6yuan and went to another store to engrave my name for 60 yuan. So i paid 66yuan in total for my chop.



















Here is the shifu that did my chop, apparently he is quite famous in china but its enigmatic as to why someone of his caliber would be setting up a street stall in a street market. He apparently hangs out with some professors from my university so he gave us a discount. He says that convincingly while pointing to his banner that states 50yuan per word. He showed us a magazine article of him recently too!


After our shopping spree, we proceeded to have dinner at this korean restaurant. Though I might sound stupid but it was my first time eating korean bbq. And since Miya said it tasted like the real thing, it is/taste like the real thing. Behold my marvellous spread though which we paid 32yuan per person =) SGD$6.40, glenn is happy.
Oh and Miya lost her wallet so we made our way down to the Police Station where I spoke alot of shit to him on video!courtesy of chloe! Sadly I cant post them here but I have already posted one of it on my facebk grp. Pardon the poor speech in mandarin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hm...there's something about you and lost wallets...haha

Anonymous said...

u should buy the mahjong tiles for your family instead...rem buy light coloured..so ah ma wun scold u