Tuesday 18 March 2008

Thank You Emilia Yim

As you all can see, my blog has gotten a new look to its structure. Now it looks so much more handsome with its broad shoulders doesn't it.

As many of you might know, I am a html illiterate/idiot so thanks to Miss Yim's unconditional help (it will remain that way right) I manage to rectify the scrawny pony to a beautiful stallion...
















So on saturday after collecting my new bank card from "Bank of Communications" aka 交通银行, Yumi-san and I went to walk around the school's vincinity. And it was approximately 1430Hrs and I have not eaten lunch so both of us proceeded to this ghetto noodle restaurant/cafe/parlous to have a meal. And I loved the Ramen here. I ate the beef ramen aka 红烧牛肉拉面. Damn good la and it cost S$2.40 approx. The portion was totally out of this world too. And after the super delicious ramen, we went to an ice cream place where I got this long long soft cream (which naoto hori-san would affectionately call it "sof-to cre-mu") and it cost me S$1! Damn good la the food around school. Oh and I realise the sole purpose of my belt is coming to reach its terminus for its good use. No shit. I am serious.



So this is what I had for dinner tonight. Instead of going to 五道口 again to escape from the 4 walls of my room, I decided to order a "call-in". I ordered chicken cutlet rice and onion rings which cost me S$6 and it came with a free packet of red tea. The price was not something that would leave you startled as some of the other culinarary delights of the other entries, but the portion was just humongous!! It could feel 2 people I believe, no shit. I was so full I decided to give my left overs (shit i am damn evil right ) to my roomie.

Another incriminating evidence of me putting on the kilos.


Today, I came to realise something.

Still, I am quite sore about Jun Lun's death, memories of both of us drinking at the combat engineer's canteen at nee soon camp after our matches kept coming back and forth. Badminton was an integral part of my NS life and he too left an indelible mark in that field.

2 days back after reading the newspaper article, I was unhappy about that one of the newspaper article photos had a yellow arrow. Not a normal block arrow but an arrow that looked like that from a 3 year old child's hand. An arrow that look so effortlessly drawn (without much thought) which I interpreted as a form of disrespect. This was not an advertisement to an Kindergarden but a pictorial illustration of the scene where he passed away. After which, I crafted an email preparing to send it back to the journalist about how the arrow had expressed ill-respect to the late. Couldn't they just incorporate a proper computer designed arrow that would be more fitting to the event reported? But when I was going to send it out today, I asked myself what was I out to do? Seek justice for an ARROW used in a report of him? What would be the outcome of my email? Would it just land itself in the trashcan just like any other junk mail? I then realised that whats the point of executing such trivial acts only where there will be no physical result.

No comments: