Saturday 15 March 2008

天坛公园

ok so I have not been blogging in a while since I have not experienced anything interesting. And I had lots of writings to hand in so did not have the time/mood to start with. And to the exchange students in the class, stop trying to be so enthusiastic in class when u nvr do ur assignments, its just really stupid as no one knows what you are trying to prove.

-estatic to have complete the israel and palestine essay-

So anyway naoto hori-san, chloe and myself decided to go to 天坛公园, temple of heaven. But before that I went to cut my hair for S$6 at this boutique which I thought was alright, aint that bad. Just that I had major insecurities pertaining to whether I would turn out to look like another MC man on the street. I was refraining myself from the usage of 剪短 , cut short, because u know how cutting short is such a generic term to length. But it turned out alrite just that I wanted it shorter but didnt wanna say the taboo word so I had to be satisfied whatever the shape my crowning glory was.





After that, we had lunch at Bravo an Italian restaurant and ate this plate of rice thing which is supposed to be an italian dish but I have never seen it in any singapore restaurant. It tasted really nice and it cost S$3. The side dish was a potato ball thing that cost S$2 and tasted alright with a satisfying 10 pieces.


so here you have the entrance of tian tan but scroll down and there is more. Oh I paid $5 to visit all the sites of the temple, i love cheap student rates.








So here we have the 棂星门-Ling Xing gates which lead up to this altar thats made up of white marble. So here we have a picture of Hori san and myself standing on the epicenter of the whole temple complex. Doing so will bring us good luck (i hope) and dont mind the other asians behind, they are just another asian.








Here we have the cypress garden in the temple. We didnt go further since we had a lot more walking to do and rather not spend it on some random trees which dogs would just piss at.








here we have the 东配殿, east annex hall where tablets of the sun , moon, jupiter, stars so that people can pay their respects to them.









Here we have 皇穹宇 where it houses all the tablets of the gods that are used for worshipping. Looks like one of the eerie ghost picture right. correct or nt, shaun gan. Like something lurking at the altar.


Here we have the 9 dragon juniper tree which breeds around the whole temple premise. And nearby, there is this man trying to sell this game thats almost like badminton so after some egging on by my friends I went to try playing it. Quite simple to play cause it follows the same motion as scooping up the shuttle, but the racket is so short and small. Below is a video of the game.











This is 祈年殿, hall of good prayers for good harvests where the emperor would pray for good harvests.











So this is the place where they would cremate the sacrifices for the gods.
The 火柴炉, firewood stove which was just sticking out of nowhere in the complex. I thought it was an ancient water catchment well. Okay people shut the ____ up.


So here we have a station for u to borrow a guide, an automatic guide. So I thought its a real guide person and what tickled me was you had to pay a deposit for 100yuan. So i told hori-san and chloe how stupid is that deposit thing on a guide. So chloe burst out laughing and said its a GPS hearing device where they would give u the historical background on the place where u were at. Ok so ____ me. How in the world would i know MC had such devices.













After we have walked through 天坛公园,the 3 of us proceeded to 北海. It was very disappointing for me maybe because we didnt go into the "had to pay or you cannot go in area". Well I did see sakuras here. Who says you cant see sakuras outside japan and I felt like eating it so hence the picture. Just beautiful hor. Tiff and syafiq must be laughing. RIGHT.

Okay gg off now.. dont think i will be going out soon since I spent alot of money today.. almost S$50 and i didnt buy anything. Sometimes the wallet is just like a blackhole, the deeper you dig, the darker it gets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey. love the hair. love the jacket. love the badminton-twin game. i must say, its a well-spent $50. i must say, the Temple of Heaven didn't really change much since e last i went there. as beautiful as ever. indeed a peace of heaven on earth. haha...and glenn,u are such a noob with the guided tour thing! even i knew that when i went there last time! hahahahah

Hamon said...

Hey dude...u should get a tag board....haha